How To Choosing A Bluetooth Headset
Creating a good wireless headset for Bluetooth is actually difficult to do. The regular wired headsets are easy to design - with ranging styles.
Bluetooth headsets can never be as small or as light as wired headsets, simply because it needs to include
the battery and extra functions. This extra size will impact how the headset mounts on or around your ears.
There seems to be two main styles of headsets for Bluetooth. Some are held into place with a loop
around the ear. These styles are normally more comfortable, although they may be less secure. The others are held in place by being jammed into your ear - and usually prove to be less comfortable.
Factors to consider
The cost is an obvious issue, something that you
really need to think about.
1. Check to see if the device is easy to quickly and conveniently put on your ear then take it off again.
2. Are the control buttons on the headset easy to use?
3. The headset should be comfortable to wear for long phone calls.
4. Can you use it with a pair of glasses?
5. Check to see if you can wear it with either ear.
6. When you aren't wearing it, you'll need to see how you would carry it with you.
7. The weight is important as well, as you don't want something that has the risk of falling off.
Ease of use.
1. The commands and controls should be easy to remember.
2. The volume level should be easy to adjust.
3. The unit should turn on quickly.
4. The manual should be very well written and easy for you to understand.
5. There should be a support number for you to call if you should experience any types of problems.
1. You'll need to know about the battery, the talk time, type, and how to tell when it is going dead or fully charged.
2. How many devices can the unit be paired with?
3. Compatability is also important, as well as the warranty period.
4. Check the sound quality for both sending and receiving audio.
5. What type of range does the headset offer you?
Other important capabilities include voice tags, last number redial, transfer calls, 3 way calling, link to other phones, call reject, and mute. You'll also want to note if it looks attractive, and if it's too big or too small.