In order to get a website a rank on major search engines such as Google and Yahoo, it needs to be recognized by any SEO (Search Engine Optimization). It is a very important factor when promoting a website online.
Search engines have rules and guidelines that must be followed to get a good position on them. There are practices that are thought to be helpful but actually have to be avoided such as;
- Do not link to scam websites.
- Avoid using automatic linking software; it can get your website banned.
- Do not use the same titles on your posts throughout your website.
- Avoid keyword stuffing; use different but appropriates keywords.
- Do not participate in the link exchanges and link farming programs.
- Do not use tiny or invisible text; it does not help your website get a high rank.
- Never use exact duplicate contents on different pages and domains.
- Avoid pure Flash upon web design; this will make a problem on search engines to read your website.
- Do not use inappropriate keywords.
- Avoid checking your rank in Google and Yahoo every day.
- Do not hire incompetent SEO firms.
- Do not over optimize your website.
- Do not forget to make your website search engine friendly.